Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Workin' for a living

Day two of Job. So far, so good. I have a little bit of nerves about tomorrow, because the boss has been out these past two days and apparently things are a lot less sedate when she's in. We'll see. I haven't been assigned to an attorney yet, but I've been given a couple of jobs to assist the boss's paralegal.

Much of the days have been spent getting my keycards and door codes and other things so that I don't have to go through the extensive Security in the lobby. I got that card today, so all I have to do is slide my ID to get through the turnstile. The US Marshalls who work there are extremely pleasant, but it's still a hassle to have to drop my gym clothes, briefcase, and lunch onto the conveyor belt to be x-rayed. Now I won't have to, so I'm bringing in my personal items tomorrow.

Since the paralegals are by and large older than me (!) they all put on gym clothes at noon and go into the conference room to do workout videos. They even have yoga mats and a few light free weights stored in there. I plan to go to the National Guard gym after work a few times a week, but having a 30 minute lunch time workout is a big score indeed. I've lost another pound, so I want to do whatever I can to help that process along. I haven't had alcohol since Todd's wedding, and I was thinking that this would cause my weight to drop quickly, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Sigh.

Drill and PT test this weekend. I'm flying to SD since I found an absolutely perfect set of flights on Southwest, but haven't been able to find them again for December's drill. No matter, I've been given the okay on leaving at noon on Fridays before drill. Driving really is the cheapest way to achieve this, although flying doesn't look too bad, as long as I don't have to change planes twice in Des Moines and Salt Lake City respectively.


San Diego
This is it, the Apocalypse
My Amazon Wish List

Latest Month

December 2018


Powered by LiveJournal.com